Pediatric ophthalmology from 35€ in Almaty
Good vision is one of the most important factors for the full development of the child. After all, the formation of the horizons of the baby depends on the correct perception of incoming information. And relatively recently, it was almost impossible to detect problems in the visual system up to a certain age. Fortunately, today medicine does not stand still; pediatric ophthalmologists have the opportunity to detect various diseases and pathologies in the early stages of their development.
About the procedure
We will help you take care of the health of your child’s eyes. A pediatric ophthalmologist will conduct an examination and consultation, check your vision and identify problems with visual function.
In our clinic, we use the most modern equipment for pediatric ophthalmology to ensure the most accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Our pediatric ophthalmologists are highly trained and experienced in dealing with young patients who may feel anxious or uncomfortable during the procedure. We guarantee that your child will feel safe and comfortable during the examination.
Leave a request and help your child maintain eye health for years to come!
If you notice that your child has vision problems, such as recurrent headaches, poor orientation in space, or constant eye fatigue, then you should not wait and hope that everything will go away on its own. The sooner problems with the eyes are detected, the easier it is to get rid of them.
Scheduled examinations of children of primary school age have two directions:
- Examination for identified pathology (retinopathy of prematurity);
- Scheduled check-ups for other children from 6 months.
Healthy full-term babies without obvious external eye pathology do not need to visit an ophthalmologist. However, your pediatrician may refer you to an ophthalmologist for examination if:
- Lachrymation, lacrimation;
- redness, discharge from the eyes;
- Lack of fixation of the gaze;
- Clouds in optical media;
- Involuntary oscillatory eye movements, etc.
- In newborns, only an external examination and an examination of the fundus are performed after the previous pupil dilation. This is all that can be done without immersion in diagnostic anesthesia.
- If congenital cataract, glaucoma, etc. are suspected, an anesthetic examination by a pediatric anesthesiologist is necessary, which is carried out only in specialized centers.
Procedures for children 2-3 years old
- Visometry (the child speaks and knows the pictures);
- Refractometry (objective determination of the refraction of the eye using an eye refractometer);
- Biomicroscopy (non-contact method for diagnosing the structural elements of the eye using a slit lamp).
- In other cases, the pupil is dilated, retinoscopy is performed, and a comprehensive examination of the fundus is performed.
Children over 3 years old
Children over 3 years of age are usually cared for with a referral from the school doctor or pediatrician. If necessary, we can also perform the following examinations, which are not included in the general standard test:
- Keratotopography on the device Okulayzer (Pentakam). This is important in orthokeratology and the diagnosis of keratoconus in children.
- OCT of the macula and papilla (for fundus pathology);
- Perimetry (checking the field of view using special equipment);
- Ultrasound (B-scan);
- Retinal examination.
Parents may not wait for a referral and come to the doctor on their own. A common pathology in the smallest is conjunctivitis, from the 2nd month dacryocystitis appears.
Cost of the procedure
Preparation for surgery, surgery, anesthesia, disposable consumables;
Free examinations within 3 months after the operation;
Repeated operations, incl. reposition, revision of the corneal flap are performed free of charge after operations in the network of ASTANA VISION clinics, in other cases they are considered primary.